Re: GM Dealers

As quoted by the 'Fixed Operations Director' in an email from him . 'Our technicians use little plastic color coded gauges that they insert to determine brake pad thickness'. I am wondering if they checked the technician to see if he was colour blind or not.

If they are changing the wheel bearing hub, why are they needing plastic gages to measure the pads? Don't the pads have to be removed when they take the caliper and the caliper mounting bracket off? Surely a visual check of the pads is needed before the technician reaches for his 'color coded gages'.

He did offer for me to drop the pads off at their dealership for inspection, so they could 'measure them and give the proper feedback to the technician involved'. I would have to drop the whole car off, since I put the pads back on. There at least another 20k on them, all the pads having even wear on them.

I just write it off to a bad experience at a dealership and remember not to get my car serviced there again.

Reply to
Dave