Re: Import owners are to blame for the recession

If all Americans bought American cars, the US economy would be rockin

> and rollin right now. Don't give me that stuff about Toyota and Honda > manufacturing over here either. GM employs 130,000 in the United > States. Toyota employs 30,000, Honda less than that. Most of the > import jobs are just blue collar jobs also, where GM has over 50,000 > engineers. The Japanese automakers have brainwashed us into thinking > that buying their car is an investment in this country. I say we buy > from the Big Three and take our economy back.

I've been driving for over 40 years, and have owned nothing but American branded autos. I have never had reliability problems and would not consider buying an import (please don't argue that a Toyota is built in America - it is still a foreign brand with profits going overseas). I would feel unpatriotic to buy other than GM, Ford, or Chrysler.

Reply to
McAlisters

The replacement stands a good chance of failing before the original would have - depending on the manufacturer.

Reply to
clare

Really? It is a violation of US franchise law for American manufacturers to sell to ANYBODY except their franchise dealers. All Vehicles must be sold through their dealerships.

The ONLY exception is Toyota, they sell their vehicles to distributorships, who then sell them to Toyota dealerships.

Reply to
Mike Hunter