Redesigned GM 3800 lower intake manifold - when?

Hi

Can some tell me when GM started factory installing the redesigned lower intake manifold on the 3800 engine?, the one with the smaller diameter EGR tube to prevent the upper intake from failing.

I think I saw a post in the summer, stating that it was possible that the 2000 models came with the new intake. I have 2001 Buick Lesabre and would like to know if mine has the updated version.

Thanks Ted M

Reply to
Dms100Tech

"Dms100Tech" wrote

I'm certain that you probably will have the updated lower manifold. There is a bulletin for coolant leakage from upper intakes on 2000-2003 models, but they are very specific in saying that the upper does not have to be replaced....so I assume that by 2000, the lower intake manifolds had been changed.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Hi

Thanks for the info. I am quite sure that mine is the updated version, but one never knows 100%. I did get a recall letter form GM stating that the throttle body nuts need to be replaced and sealant added to the coolant. I had it done, but I feel that the replacing the nuts is a just bogus way for GM to get you into their shop so they can add the sealant, in order to get them over the warranty period. My Buick has extended warranty till Nov 2005, hope fully if she blows it will be before expiry date.

Ted

shiden_kai wrote:

Reply to
Dms100Tech