Running day lights

I own a 2002 camaro ss, does anyone know how to some how turn off the automatic running day lights?

Reply to
Jason

Probably not. Everything I tried would cause the "Service Vehicle Soon" light to come on and set a code in the BCM. It appears that there is a monitoring circuit that sets a code if it senses any malfunction of the daytime running lights (DRLs). GM won't help either...they don't care what you want...even if it's legal. The DRL was one reason I ditched my GM vehicle...couldn't stand them (or the auto headlights either). Hope you have better luck. Good luck! If you don't have better luck, buy a new 2005 Mustang OR a 2006 Dodge Charger, neither of those have DRLs.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Not sure if it will work but on my 1998 GMC Jimmy if you set the parking break one click the lights stay off. I cant do it my brake peddle is broke and wont stay latched. I looked at repairing it but it seems to be a replace item and not worth the trouble of fixing it.

Reply to
Tim or Linda

Try this URL. I have been to it before (maybe a month ago or so?) but I just tried it before posting and the site won't load. Anyway, in case it's just a glitch tonight, here is the URL:

Should be just what the doctor ordered.

Reply to
SgtSilicon

"Tim or Linda snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net" Not sure if it will work but on my 1998 GMC Jimmy if you set the parking

A couple of potential problems with this approach.

  1. It causes the "Brake" warning light (on the dash) to remain illuminated. This light serves two purposes. One, to remind the operator that the emergency brake is not released AND, two, as a main brake system failure light.

  1. On some models, this causes the ABS system to not function (since the BCM "thinks" that the e-brake is still engaged)

  2. Can cause excessive rear brake pad wear or overheating of the rear brakes

So, probably not a good idea.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I tried too. Wouldn't come up.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Still doesn't. Can get part of it by searching for it in Google and choosing the "cached" option, but for all the pix it is still trying to get from the real host site.

Reply to
SgtSilicon

Myself I like the lights on

illuminated.

Reply to
Tim or Linda

Reply to
Derf McKensy

Possible (responding to your annotation in the subject heading). But there isn't much more to say about them, is there? ;-)

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Damn! I'm still working through the last DLR thread.....

Sigh....

Reply to
Full_Name

Was able to get it now, through Comcast. Try again?

Reply to
Isaiah Beard

Reply to
SgtSilicon