Silverado 5.3 liter stalled

I have a 2000 Silverado 5.3 liter, I was driving down the road today 55 miles an hour, the truck just died. I pulled over and tried to crank it. It would barely idle and I pulled off the fuel filter and it had no resistance. It cranked up and it would idle fine, but it would not accelerate. I put it in gear and drove bout ten miles an hour until I got it back to the shop. But it would still not accelerate at all. the highest it would rev to was 1200 rpm.

Reply to
haulin24

Great story. Get back to us when you find out what the problem was. Did you have a question?

Some engines will go into a "safe mode" that allows them to be driven like that, but not at full performance. Happened to me when the Throttle Position Sensor failed.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Parrtially clogged catalytic converter, or malfunctioning sensor come to mind.

Reply to
4546