Still Can't find Belt Tensioner on 95 Century

Haynes pic is wrong. Other threads say its between alternator and AC compressor..Can't see it ? Can it be somewhere else? Is it accessible fron under the hood or do I have to crawl under the engine?

Reply to
DontSpamMe

I don't have a 95 Century, but can look at the 98 LeSabre we do have and see if we get a correlation. Ours is a 3800. What is yours?

Reply to
<HLS

Which engine? It is accessible from above (under the hood) and should be just forward of the alternator - in other words, toward the front of the car. The Haynes pictures are usually spot on since they are taking pictures of actual vehicles. What makes you say it is wrong?

Do you have the capability to take a picture of your motor (front) and post it on a web site for us to look at? With that we can likely direct you to it.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

"DontSpamMe" wrote in news:1154116600.699947.207100 @m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

2.2 /3.1 ?
Reply to
KjunRaven

If you have a 3.1 in there it will be below the alternator close to the crank shaft about the 10-11 o'clock position from the crank pulley. It will take a 15mm open wrench on the end if you can't get a 3/8 in. breaker bar in the hole and you lift up on it to release tension (watch your fingers!!!). If you have the 3.8 in there it is between and below the power steering and alternator pullies. a 15mm socket (I think) and turn conter clockwise.

Reply to
mike53818

The OP doesn't seem to run his traps very often. It must not be much of a problem.

Reply to
<HLS

It's a 2.2L

Here's a photo. I've numbered the pulleys, The obvious ones i know are A/C, Alt, PSP, the 2 pulleys in the middle ..one must be it, but don't see a 15mm Boss to rachet onto.

DontSpamMe

Number 2 is belt tensioner pulley.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Stick your wrench on number 2.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Thanks. Im used to seeing the tensioner with a different design & location, since I mainly do DIY stuff on Toyotas. Thanks for your help.

Reply to
DontSpamMe