The manual for a 2003 Tahoe I bought used states that after changing the battery
in the keyless entry unit, the unit must be synchronized. Cannot find any
reference in the manual for how to do this. Not listed in the otherwise most
helpful index, and not part of the battery-changing instructions, except that it
has to be done. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Don't want to change the
battery and end up with a useless device. Any help greatly appreciated.
1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Insert the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door
panel-continue to hold down until instructed to release in step 9.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (NOT START)
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle
will lock and unlock the doors automatically.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter
simultaneously until the door locks and unlocks.
>> This step may take up to 30 seconds. <<
11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional transmitter (including any
12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the
transmitter programming mode.
Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.