1999 4Runner keyless entry & programming

All,

It appears that my 1999 4Runner, which I bought a few months ago, is wired for keyless entry. This according to my local dealer. But, they tell me that the price is about $ 150.00 for the remote device and about $ 80.00 for the programming.

Does anyone know where I can get this device cheaper and whether I can do the programming myself ? Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

-Guicho.

Reply to
Guicho

Get them off ebay for $8-14. Helps if you have the FCC # but perhaps you can find some there that state they are for your year/model. Go to the Fujitsu FAX back site and down load the operating manual if it isn't in your glove box --- or do a google search on programming the remote. INstall manual there may have FCC # in it. Its a Rube Goldberg routine - open door, inser key, remove key, etc that all has to be done in specified period of time.

Reply to
Wolfgang

The fob you need is FCC ID: HYQ1512Y --- they fir several years of 4Runners so there are many on ebay.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Thank you all for your help. Will let you know how it went.

Reply to
Guicho