Tahoe Service Ride Control light

I've got a 2001 Tahoe LTS w/Autoride. The Service Ride Control warning light comes on and stays on. I also noticed that the ride control wasn't "pumping up" when I start the vehicle. Dealer says the code reads "L/R Position Sensor" and to replace it will cost $220. Anybody know exactly where this sensor is and how much trouble it is to change? I assume it is on the Left Rear suspension. Anybody have this problem? From the web searches I've done the mid-90 Cadilacs had the same problem. Thanks in advance for any insight!

Reply to
Jim

I'm presuming L/R means left rear - it looks to be mounted right next to the point where the trailing arm (or whatever you call that part) connects to the pivot point on the frame on that side.

Reply to
Robert Hancock

Did you find it? I would be interested in the fix in case same happens to my 01 Autoride Hoe. Looking in the rear wheel well, it looks like there is a pivoting sensor with two holes (sorta like this: o-o ), one hole is attached to an arm that looks like it would move the pivoting sensor when more or less weight is placed in the rear.

I don't always hear the rear pump up on startup either, but it seems you can try to make it come on by placing something (or somebody :) large in the rear before startup. BTW, at around 20K miles both rear Autoride shocks were leaking, there was evidence of wetness around the shock body - so had them both replaced (under warranty). I have heard others say the same, it's pitiful that they did not last very long. Mark

trouble

Reply to
Markeau