The Fix Is In! Rep. Barney Frank Delays Local GM Plant Closure

The Fix Is In! Rep. Barney Frank Delays Local GM Plant Closure

You, TTAC?s Best and Brightest, knew it was going to happen: that unfortunate intersection of business and politics, where the taxpayer-supported GM would be forced by its new masters to place the latter ahead of the former. In other words, brain dead zombies are easily led. The Hill reports that Massachusetts Congressional Representative Barney Frank has ?convinced? GM to keep a parts operation in his district open for business. ?Frank?s staff said the lawmaker spokes with GM CEO Fritz Henderson on Wednesday and convinced him to keep the Norton, Mass., plant open for at least 14 months.?

?I greatly appreciate General Motors? willingness to take into consideration the wider needs of the company and especially the community,? Frank said in a statement. ?Keeping the facility open for this extra time gives workers a chance to look at other opportunities, while at the same time continuing to provide for their families.?

Need we (and the Hill) point out that Barney is chairman of the House Financial Services Committee? You know, the pols that oversee the government?s bailout program, under which GM has received $50 billion? No, I didn?t think so. [Thanks to lw for the link.]

Reply to
Jim Higgins