Toyota, GM, and Ford differences

Sort your postings by date, not by thread.

If you sort your postings by date, there is no "top one." All the postings are the top posting. That's how most of us sort the postings after we have been around awhile.

You should cut away that part of the post that you are not interested in replying to. (it only takes a half a second) Then you just enter your prose underneath the text that you are referring to. This is especially important in larger postings.

Again, I point out to you, that you are either a newbie or you are trying to annoy the long time posters on usenet. It was long ago determined that bottom posting is the policy. You should really adopt it yourself and you will see how much better it is if you give it a chance.

cordially, as always,

rm

cordially, as always,

rm

Reply to
Realto Margarino

"Statically"?

The average number of initial quality defects is around 1-4, and in the first year roughly 10-30% of the cars will have a problem that the owner feels requires attention, with the best rate being about 5%. I don't know what you mean by "problematic" or how you get the 1-2% rate, unless you're referring to outright lemons with gross or high numbers of defects.

Reply to
rantonrave

I'll try

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Back when they sold even fewer? I owned some of those Toyotas and I got rid of them because they were starting to rust. Get real

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Why are losers always the first one's to resort to name calling and insults?

Reply to
Hairy

wrote

Perhaps because they were much cheaper at a time when most people had much less disposable income. Same reason the air cooled VW Beetle gained popularity so fast.

Reply to
Hairy

Oh, I see. You're a troll. You _like_ to annoy people. It makes you somehow significant to be somebody's pain in the ass, right?

PLONK

cordially, as always,

rm

Reply to
Realto Margarino

(top posting corrected)

Read what I wrote again. Dust on the front wheels does not indicate a "problem". Different companies use different types of pads; some are dustier than others.

Reply to
dizzy

The troll won't listen. Like most all top posters, he's a lazy, selfish, idiot, and if top posting makes his life easier, he's going to do it, even if it makes it worse for everyone who reads his top-posted idiocy.

Reply to
dizzy

Why would you cross-post an economic question to a series of auto newsgroups.

Are you a mental midget???

Statement#2.... Can you say John Maynard Keynes ??? Deficit financing.... low savings... high debt. Our government has been pursuing this policy for more years than I care to remember.... our debt interest is taxed deductible.... investments are taxed at a pretty high level. Banking system is set up for pushing debt...matter of fact IF people started saving MORE, the economy would go into a tailspin.

Statement#3 Starting in 2011 the few wave of baby boomers will be retiring, downsizing and expecting to collect social security...... that's not going to be a pretty sight to see.... couse I don't expect the cowardly american public to actually stand up to their government and riot for economic reform after all... The State of West Virginia had state police and swat teams ready to fire on and murder the families of the miners who were buried alive just in case they decided to raise a disturbance. Shades of the old national guard killing fellow Americans who disagreed with government policy at Ohio State University back in the '60's.

Reply to
take it where it belongs

savings...

Ohio State

Slight correction..... this was at Kent State University...Kent Ohio...and not part of the Ohio State University campus.

Reply to
take it to where it belongs

"Mike Hunter" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net...

Do you also drive on what ever side of the road you feel like regardless of normal convention?

Top-posting makes your message incomprehensible to many of your readers. In normal conversation, after all, you don't answer to something that has not yet been said. For your edification, widely observed Usenet etiquette dictates that top posting is absolutely INAPPROPRIATE!

When you quote, you're doing it to provide context. Requiring your readers to scroll down and then back, repeatedly (as they attempt to figure out what the heck you're talking about), is a rather difficult way for you to make the context available. Providing the context up-front will get you better results. There's no way to build a threaded discussion with top-posting. Top-posting severely inhibits others from understanding the conversation, because the context of the conversation is out of order, as in broken. Replying at the top confuses your readers, making any point you're trying to get across very unclear without them scrolling down and back repeatedly, searching to re-integrate context. That extra, wholly unnecessary work leads to reader irritation, or worse, to readers just not bothering with your words at all. Since your object is to get your message across, help your readers follow by placing your words in context, not prior to the context. Doing otherwise, forcing your readers to go to extra work unnecessarily, is often irritating, sometimes interpreted as insulting, or in severe cases taken as attempt by you to show your "power". Any way you cut that, delivering your words in an hard to read manner doesn't help your case. Instead, post in-line to preserve context and respect your readers.

Top-posting means replying to a message above the original message. This may be a message in an Internet forum, an e-mail message or a Usenet post. Top-posting is considered improper by many definitions of Internet etiquette since it breaks down the flow of the thread:
Top-posting vs bottom-posting Some people like to put reply after the quoted text, some like it the other way around, and still some prefer interspersed style. Debates about which posting style is better have lead to many flame wars in the forums. To keep forum discussion friendly, please follow the general preference, which is bottom-posting

Why is Bottom-posting better than Top-posting By A. Smit and H.W. de Haan Below you can find our arguments why bottom-posting is better than top-posting.

351CJ

So when will someone start flushing the toilet? 2011?

"Why would you cross-post an economic question to a series of auto newsgroups."

That answer is very elementary Einstein! Hysterically, the domestic auto industry used to employ 20 to 25% of the economically active work force.

A mental midget would have a hard time figuring how we didn't have health care crises in better economic times when most automobiles where domestically manufactured and Wally World Stores didn't exist.

Thus many Americans enjoyed a good standard of living.

So, go figure Einstein.

Statements can be either true or false! Only a mental midget can make assertions like these. What corrective action can be taken to solve these mentioned? > Statement#2.... Can you say John Maynard Keynes ??? Deficit financing.... low savings... > high debt. Our government has been pursuing this policy for more years than I care > to remember.... our debt interest is taxed deductible.... investments are taxed at > a pretty high level. Banking system is set up for pushing debt...matter of fact IF > people started saving MORE, the economy would go into a tailspin. >

Ah so Mein Fuhrer! Very clever, the blame is shifted to baby boomers and not the bleeding heart complainers that drive Rice Rockets and live like nothing has happened.

So what about "The State of West Virginia". They are able to take care of that terrible mining disaster.

The Ohio State University had 3000 plus National Guard on active duty around it's perimeter before Kent State protests.

Reply to
Charge

So I guess you know more than Chrysler chairman Lee Iacocca (master's in engineering), who's recollection disagrees with yours. Please explain why all mainstream minivans are now built on FWD platforms, even by companies that have suitable RWD chassis.

I can't believe Chrysler's K-car FWD vehicles cost 20% more simply because they were FWD. The development of the 2.2L engine had to do something with this.

Reply to
rantonrave

Next time I speak to my friend Lido I'll ask him ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Regarding top posting, it violates nothing of the sort. Just because some self important jack-ass wrote a document and claimed it to be proper netiquette doesn't make it so. You need the context, you scroll down. If it's not the kind of message that requires context or you already got the context from the just previous message you read, then you don't need to scroll.

Long before usenet there were the BBSs. In that era, the ratio of hard core skilled computer people using such services was much higher than today. Message bases were almost exclusively top posted because it was all but universally recognized as the obvious way to go. Then comes the popularity of the internet. Some lame ass Johnny come friggin lately, who needs his dick held while he re-reads every stinking bit of a thread right before a new bit, decides to write down preferences and label them as if they were handed down from on high like the ten commandments or something. Then desciples like you preach the gospel as if it were holy writ. It isn't. Never was. Never will be.

I'm someone who's been doing this crap since like 1982 on my own

300bps (also baud at that time) modem. I say this not to imply any k>>
Reply to
SgtSilicon

Reply to
SgtSilicon

"SgtSilicon" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@nntp.charter.net...

[...]

Amen brother. I'll stop top posting when the other morons on the i-net quit including EVERY iteration of the conversation ad-infinitiuum. Honestly, if someone wants to post a reply at the bottom, I certainly respect their option to do so... However, please at least be curtious enough to cut out the chaff so I don't have page upon page to scroll through to get to somebody's 1-line response. THAT is what makes it hard to understand the context. JP

snipped-for-privacy@ihatespam.net (SgtSilicon) wrote in news:43c9dfdb.3322578 @nntp.charter.net:

Reply to
Jon R Patrick

To educate you Mike it depends on the design of the brake pads and wheel covers. My 4 wheel disk brake Concord leaves only a modest amount of visible pad dust. My wife's 4 wheel disk Sebring leaves much more visible pad dust. One obvious difference in these cars is the much more open wheels on the Sebring which improves cooling of the brakes.

Reply to
Spam Hater