Toyota, GM, and Ford differences

MAJOR FOREIGN HOLDERS OF TREASURY SECURITIES (in billions of dollars)

2005 Jan Mainland China 223.5

351CJ

My statement concerns the aggregate sum total of economic issues from the past to the present.

Reply to
Charge

What correction?

The US may be be able to solve many problems by simply export Wally World The Big Box Store to China!

Reply to
Charge

Why isn't Treasury's own site more up-to-date? Since January, estimates are that we're giving the Chinese an extra $30 billion per month. Not all of that will be in t-bills, of course.

This is in the Washington Post:

The Washington Post

China Set to Reduce Exposure to Dollar

Move Would Probably Push Currency Down

By Peter S. Goodman Washington Post Foreign Service

SHANGHAI, Jan. 9 -- China has resolved to shift some of its foreign exchange reserves -- now in excess of $800 billion -- away from the U.S. dollar and into other world currencies in a move likely to push down the value of the greenback, a high-level state economist who advises the nation's economic policymakers said in an interview Monday.

Reply to
DH

True. Look at Volvos as well. My the crap that comes out here in an attempt to be negative about "so called" imports.

Reply to
Spam Hater

Really? I never said it was a problem exclusive to Honda or imports. Why then does this condition only occur on the front wheels of certain vehicles, like those mentioned, and why only on the front wheels on vehicles with four wheel discs? LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Why do all the Bush haters always see what they perceive to be the negative side of every issue? Chinas purpose is to reinforce its controlled currency which is over inflated, by slowing the GROWTH.of the dollar. ;)

mike hunt

Mike Hunter

Go into the various NG and you will discover my observation is right on. Toyota owners are always bashing other brands, particularly domestics. You seldom hear that in other NG. I think Toyota owners are trying to justify to themselves why they paid way to much for a vehicle that in reality no better than any other. LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I spent over thirty years of my life as a automotive design engineer, retiring in 1986 at age 60. Your recollection is a bit foggy. FWD cars cost more for manufactures to build than the larger RWD vehicles they replaced. Chrysler had to sell their new smaller 4 cy FWD cars for at least 20% more than the larger V8 and 6 cy RWD cars they replaced, to earn a profit. The economies of scale of using one chassis to make ten variation of the same basic vehicle chassis was what enabled Chrysler to afford the billons to convert their assembly plants to FWD.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Can we assume you are not a math major or even a gambler? LOL

PS. Both Toyota and Ford as well as other manufacture had bad experiences with head gaskets after the government instituted a ban on asbestos. Ford replace bad head gaskets for up to eight years or 100K. Toyota would not do so past 60K 5yrs for their customers

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Why do lying, top-posting idiots see attacks on Bush where there is none?

Reply to
dizzy

Stupid troll. I can't believe that even a top-posting retard like yourself is unaware that the front brakes do the vast majority of the work, especially on a FWD car.

Reply to
dizzy

If only you weren't a proven idiot and liar, your words might carry some weight, "Mike".

Reply to
dizzy

No kidding genius! Any fool even your should know that is why SOME cars are having problems with front brakes, because the rears are not doing what they were designed to do, and eating up pads and rotors while other are not have that problem. .

mike hunt

Bottom posting DZZY, idot, moron, stupid or whatever he is calling himself today wrote

Reply to
Mike Hunter
[top-posting deleted, unread]

Mike, why do you top-post? Top-posting violates usenet netiquette policy, makes it hard to understand your who or what post your post is referring to. And several people have told you that it is very annoying.

Why would you continue to do it? Do you want to annoy people or are you a newbie who doesn't know any better? If you are the latter, you should lurk for awhile, to see how the rest of the posters do it.

cordially, as always,

rm

Reply to
Realto Margarino

Why do bottom posting nuts like you post political stuff in automobile NG?

mike hunt

side of every issue? Chinas purpose is to reinforce its controlled currency which is over inflated, by slowing the GROWTH.of the dollar. ;)

Bottom post DizZy wrote

Reply to
Mike Hunter

When one post at the bottom it requires everyone to scroll all the way to the bottom to read the latest of a zillion posts, at times. By posting at the top one can quickly read the latest post. If not familiar with the thread, can then scroll to the bottom is they choose. I don't stay in a NG long enough to do all that. I read the post that interest me and reply to those where I have something to add to the discussion. Most post that have long lost the intent of the original poster to which I have replied and they are no longer are of interest to me. If you find my method of replying a problem, just skip my posts WBMA. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Perhaps in you small world but not in the real world. Just look at what is cross posted in the GM and Ford NG from the Toyota NG. No questions about Ford or GM products just anti GM and Ford BS from screwballs like you. . ; )

mike hunt

Toyota owners are always bashing other brands, particularly domestics. You seldom hear that in other NG. I think Toyota owners are trying to justify to themselves why they paid way to much for a vehicle that in reality no better than any other. LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Mikey is not a newbie. Once again, from a user in the group he regularly pollutes (and we can't get him to go away, either)...

Please Don't Feed The Troll.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

I have, and you haven't. Maybe you think too much of yourself, just as you think too much of GM.

Do you really LOL that often?

You also can't explain why Toyota owners liked their cars even back when they were cheaper than domestics.

Reply to
rantonrave