Transmission Flushing Good or Bad?

I took my 99 park Avenue and gotten my transmision fluid changed. My car now has 100kmile as of today. My question arise from calling around checking prices on transmission fluid.

Express Oil Change told me : If the car has that type of mileage on it I should not do a flush. It might do damage to the transmission, But i should do the fliud and filter change. He also stated that is rare that it happen but tell customer that.

I did the fluid and filter change. Was kinda scared since he told me that. Thats why i opt for just fluid and filter change..

Is that such a truth thing, bout it make the transmission greater for damage.

Thanks

-- Jay Smit

Reply to
Jay Smit

Machine flushing works better. When one simply changes the fluid the high detergent value of tranny fluid has a tendency to 'clean' the tranny and the resulting deposits CAN lead to problems, unless you change it again in a month or so. Flushing machines on the other hand pump through enough detergents and new fluid to remove the contaminates before refilling the tranny AND the converter with new fluid.

mike hunt

Jay Smit wrote:

Reply to
BrickMason

Mike's right...I recommend you do the flush now with good tranny oil. Red Line works fine...

-T

Reply to
Tero Huikko