truck wrecked air bags did not deploy????

How does this happen? My son's 99 chevy p/up hit a light pole almost dead center in the front. No air bag deployment.

Reply to
gnman

.

How fast? How hard? There are times they are not supposed to deploy. Not enough information to say for sure (not that I know all the details anyway)

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Father in law's pickup has a switch that cuts the airbag off. And he KEEPS it off. Heard too many scary stories, I guess. Might your son' s have been switched off ?

Reply to
<HLS

That switch only turns off the passenger side air bag.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

Right down the center is pretty soft, it missed the frame rails and thus wouldnt have decelerated him fast enough to trip the sensor.

Reply to
Paradox

One must ask the question, was the truck purchased used?

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I doubt that, it only task one 'G' to trip the safing sensor.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I doubt that. The g-force from a straight on hit is quite high - assuming the hit was at a high enough speed to activate an airbag regardless of sensor location.

Reply to
Mike Marlow