UAW inflexible on concessions...

Morons. The companies are about to go down the tubes but the union leaders refuse to give anything back. As a matter of fact, they're asking for more.

The auto industry in this country should be allowed to go down the tubes. Then they can restart with workers who realize having a job at an OK pay rate is better than having NO job at Union scale...

How stupid can you be?

Reply to
Hachiroku

If I remember right Chrysler got price reductions from management, labor and Suppliers, and paid the loan off before it was due. They even put out a breakthrough #1 selling vehicle, the mini van, that made it all work. Now they fly in with Jets, and say "its not our fault" . The real point is this money wont last more than my frozen pizza and they will need more from you early next year. Are you going to buy a 40,000$ chevy volt that might get 10 miles at 0f with gas under 2 bucks, with a battery technology that so far lasts 2-3 years, nobody will. As folks now looking to buy a new car their stupidy makes buyers not want to risk buying a car from a company that may not be there in a few years, kinda self fullfilling, go broke because of greed. Let them go under. Ford is not asking for a bailout. Their advertising for years made me puke, it was always "Horsepower" now they are toting just highway milage ratings which in my city you dont ever get, even on the highway its a dream. That is out of touch with reality, and bs people see through. I bet they are bailed out, and should not be.

Reply to
ransley

Indeed. But like most unions, they squeeze more and more until there's less and less.

The large corporation I was working for got in trouble once, and though we didn't give anything back, the union leaders didn't ask for anything, either. The die-hard rank-and-file said he was 'sleeping with the company' but those of us that actually had some brains were glad to keep working.

I was accused of being a 'company man' one time. I looked at the guy and said, "Someone has to."

Reply to
Hachiroku

Oh hell, I thought you were a reasonable person.. My bad.

Reply to
edspyhill01

Rriiiggght, everyone who disagrees with you is a communist.

Reply to
edspyhill01

everyone who disagrees with you is a communist.

-----

No other argument (other than nonsense) will support premises (1) through (3) above. Your fault for failing to address them.

Reply to
Elle

I sure am. When I was a kid, doctors made lots of money, but for the most part healthcare was non-profit, esp hospitals.

Now the money managers have stepped in and are only about profits. Have to keep the shareholders happy! (Gee, where did I hear that before). Just like GM, but in this case you can't avoid it...unless you want to go to Mexico or India...

Reply to
Hachiroku