Update on 2006 Impala Impressions

Sounds good to me. I didn't mind the Olds wheel controls, though I did miss the Mute and Seek Down buttons. Then again, I can usually find something to bitch about in any car I drive ;-)

No problamo. Let us know if you manage to turn it off.

Reply to
80 Knight

My experience with Chrysler trannys on I-68 is the same as yours. Worked flawlessly, automatically downshifting (when the cruise was engaged) when going downhill to keep "run-away" speed in check. I'd never experienced what Eugene has on any of them (and I've driven a few).

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Bad news. Scotty is dead.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Yes, my 03 Malibu was the same. You couldn't lift the wiper arms up off of the glass where they would stay up on their own. Dumb design. What was worse, ice would build up in the cavity that the arms park in and lock the wipers in there. It was really nice to find that out when needing to clear the windshield from road spray and can't. Lesson, thoroughly clean out snow and ice from the wiper cavity, even if it doesn't look like much is in there and it takes another 5-minutes. Pick all of the ice out!

Both wiper issues shouldn't exit in today's design. This item was been figured out in the industry years ago (except by GM, apparently)

You want to hear one even stranger. A buddy of mine has a 2004 Silverado. He can't lift the wipers to stay off of the glass. He had a 2000 Silverado...that one he could. Boy was he pissed the first time the weather was calling for freezing rain while we were at the office. Why go backwards with the design?

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Reply to
ROY BRAGG

My '95 Concord with the 3.3L engine on cruise control downshifts beautifully automatically to avoid overspeed on downhill. A '05 Impalla I rented last Sep. didn't. >:)

Reply to
Spam Hater

To save money.

Reply to
Spam Hater

They could have gotten rid of the automatic headlights and DRLs instead, and nobody would care. As it is, I have a lot of features I could care less about but I'm still annoyed about a) the wipers and b) the lack of a fold down rear seat.

nate

Reply to
N8N