Vortec V6 oil pan

I have a Chevy roller lifter Vortec V-6 in my 1926 Model T Ford Tudor Sedan. I'm not certain what the engine is out of, but it has an aluminum oil pan, that is very close to the ground, it has actually hit speed bumps, even going slow. Other than the aluminum will crack, while a steel oil pan would only dent, does anyone know if there is a shallower oil pan, made of steel (Like Dorman sells at Jegs/Summit/ etc) that would fit in, of course, with the correct oil pump pickup? Would an Astro Van be one that would work? Thanks in Advance

Reply to
kaferdave

The 4.3 uses a pan that also bolts to the trans. I don't know off hand of anyone who sells a shallow pan. There may be a dry sump pan out there though.

Reply to
Steve W.

I dont know if the above applies or not. Good luck

Reply to
hls