How to change lower oil pan on a 2006 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 v6 4L?

I have looked on the web and have call the shops but cant see how changing the oil pan will take 7 hours to fix. My truck is leaking from the oil plug and I
believe it is stripped. I have ordered another lower oil pan and plug and was looking to replace it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
bericht

I'am afraid I cannot be of any help here. But maybe someone on the Toyota forum of the Ih8mud website ( http://forum.ih8mud.com/ ) is able to help you out.
Ron

Why would you spend all that money on a new oil pan?
There are a zillion kits/plugs available to fix that in about 5 minutes.

Er... to stop the leak.

Gods, what a horrid idea. Far better to replace the oil pan.
--
"Telling the truth may be working for Bernie Sanders, but it shows
a serious lack of respect for the American political system."

You obviously haven't a clue.
Good luck, you WILL need it.

Idiot. Temporary "fixes" on the lubrication system of automobiles is asinine, stupid, dangerous, and expensive. Only a moron re-taps an oil pan's drain hole.
--
"Telling the truth may be working for Bernie Sanders, but it shows
a serious lack of respect for the American political system."
On Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at 6:18:01 PM UTC-7, badtiming22 wrote:

g the

nd I

was

-2006-toyota-tacoma-4x4-v6-4-30929-.htm

I believe the Toyota drain plug is a 12mm thread. I would first check fo r a self tapping drain plug that is slightly oversized and cuts its own thr eads into the pan. Always change the gasket seal on the plug when you chan ge oil so you don't have to tighten it too much and strip it again. If a s elf tapping drain plug isn't available you could get a 14mm plug and tap of the same thread pitch and try enlarging the hole in your original pan. Ei ther would be a lot easier than swapping the pan and then if that didn't wo rk you could swap the pan. Another option would be to get one of the piggy back plugs that you thread in and leave. The plug has a smaller bolt in i t. You could epoxy in the outer plug that wouldn't have to come out again.
(Amazon.com product link shortened) /ref=pd_sim_263_4?ie=UTF8&refRIDRWWPBAT63NCABP3AYQ
The reason it takes so long to change the oil pan is you have either pull t he cross member under the engine or raise up the ending in order to slip th e oil pan out from under the engine because of the oil pump pickup going do wn into the pan.