which winter tires are better? Nordic? (or Winter Slalom)?

Do winter tires differ greatly between different brands? If you are to choose between tire a) Nordic or b) BG Winter Slalom ? which one would you get? and why?

Reply to
Joseph

oh wait, these are the same tire branded differently aren't they? not a good comparison at all. oops!

Reply to
Joseph

All depends on the price. The only difference I have noticed among the various 'winter tires' not snow tires, was that Bridgestone's were marginal on snow and had a tendency to spin on wet roads, even though they were among the more expensive to buy. Vredastenes (SIC?) made in Holland were by far the best, but they do not make the 17" size I now need

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Traditionally the Nokian Hakkepellitas (sp?) are supposed to be the best, but the Tire Rack is offering other options and have done some cursory testing of the new options. Unfortunately (for those wanting good advice) I just recycled the flyer they sent in the mail as I don't need tires this year - I bought Dunlop SP Winter Sport M3s for my 944 last year and car was laid up most of the winter with computer problems, so I can't even offer a real report on those. I can say that they ride well, and even in the narrow size that I bought (195/65R15 - summer tires are 215/60s) handle decently (at least not driving aggressively) and the only thing that really gives them away is the slightly increased noise level.

Here's some info on their web site...

All depends on the price. The only difference I have noticed among the

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I had good luck with Dunlop Graspics on an 03 Mustang. Even with rear wheel drive, they went through moderate snow very well.

Gary B.

Reply to
Gary

Big snip>>>>>>>

I got 40k miles out of a set of Cooper snows over the last 2 yrs. , the traction was OK, on my Sable wagon. Tires just got rotated to the rear for summer, tread is down to summer tire depth now. Just went cheapo for my beater car, got a Yukon for the bad days. (gm content)

Reply to
Repairman