1988 Honda Prelude Part question

There are several threaded connections to the thermostat housing. The coolant bleed valve, the temperature sensor, some sort of electrical connector with a snap-in white housing, and there is another connection made out of black plastic that has several (4) or so black rubber lines running into it.

The black plastic piece with the lines running into it on my Prelude is broken and there is some spring loaded thing inside it. My question is this--- what is this part and how important is it? An official name or part number would be appreciated. I need to replace it and do not know where to look for it on the listings from Majestic Parts.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply to
Matthew Brown

From your description I'm guessing that this is on a cabureted engine. The same part on the fuel-injected engine only has two line coming off of it.

It's probably the thermovalve. On the drawing in my service manual it's next to the temperature gauge sending unit.

It's on the Water Pump drawing.

See item 12 although the drawing isn't as clear as the one in the service manual.

Reply to
Charles

Grrr. Why doesn't my spell checker suggest "carbureted?"

Reply to
Charles

Found an online shop manual and the Thermovalve is precisely right. Thank you for your help.

Reply to
Matthew Brown