1990 Honda Civic SI heater control problem

I have a 1990 Honda Civic with 150 k on it and my heater control speed switch only works in #3 & 4 position can someone tell me where the resister coils are put one this car that controls heater motor speed. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Dod

From my Chilton's manual for this year of Civic, I suspect what you really want to check (and quite probably replace) is the fan switch. It's located in the heater "Control Head," which is just the guts behind the control panel that you put your hands on when you want to adjust the temperature, turn on the blower, etc.

in its free repair guides should duplicate what's in my Chilton's. Steps to remove the control head, etc. and drawings are included. Look under "Chassis Electrical," then "Fan Switch" and also "Manual Control Head." There is a troubleshooting procedure for the fan switch.

's online parts site has a pretty good drawing, too. See the "Heater Control" section. The switch goes for about $35 + shipping for my 91 Civic.

Elle "I am a PB Blaster-aholic."

"Dod" wrote

control speed

where the resister

speed.

Reply to
Elle

"Dod" wrote in news:hDmvf.3014$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

It's the heater resistor. The two smallest coils have burned out.

The resistor is behind the glove compartment, and is held into the ribbed air-intake housing by two small screws. Remove the glove box and it's right there.

Reply to
TeGGeR®