1991 Honda accord fuel leak

Hi, I have a 1991 honda accord ex its leaking gas near the back drivers side wheel where it goes straight up towards the tank.As far as I can see it only leaks when it is running.Any ideas if it is the tank?Line?Or anything else up in there I cant see?If it was the tank wouldnt it leak all the time instead of just when its running?Thanks Fred

Reply to
fred_7038

--------------------------------

Do a google search including the terms honda accord filler and tube. There were some recalls (I think) because of rusting out back there. It might even turn out to be a free fix. Did you search this NG? Try also tegger.com for TSB's and other related stuff.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

"fred snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Two possibilities:

1) Filler neck overflow hose rusted out, or 2) Low-pressure return line from the engine (adjacent to the tank) is rusted out.

The low pressure line is most likely right now, as it would leak when the engine is running, but only until dry when engine is not running.

Either way, you need to remove the plastic splash shields before you can see things clearly.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Rusty tanks are starting to show up around here in N.E.Ohio. bob

Reply to
N.E.Ohio Bob