1993 Honda Civic LX - Cannot close door

There seems to be a problem with my car, the drivers side door will not close. That thing that locks the door in place is pushed down, and it will not release. Does anyone have any idea how to push that latch up, so I will be able to close the door?

I was replacing the door handle, as the car is 14 years old, and some how pressed in the thing that keeps the door shut, and now that is pressed it. I cannot close it.

Thanks

Reply to
mopa

Try pushing it back up to the open position (compare with other door) while releasing the latch from the inside like you were opening the door to get out.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee