1997 Civic noise

I have a 1997 Civic MT with 120k. There is a deep banging noise I hear at least once a day generally when accelerating in 2nd or 3rd gear. The duration of the noise may be 5 seconds. I experience no loss of power or gear slippage or any other effects, just this noise. I have been to

2 dealers who are unable to pinpoint the cause. I have been told it may be my clutch, but I have never experienced any gear slippage or clutch pedal oddities.
Reply to
Darth Jeff

Have you checked the motor mounts?

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Coincidentally, I had the timing belt done on my 97 Civic MT at 100K and there turned out to be a broken motor mount. The driver side front in fact.

-P

Reply to
post2google