2002 Civic DX Coupe door lock problem

Hi there,

I have a 2002 Civic Coupe with the keyless entry system. What happened several months ago was the keyless entry no longer opened/ closed the driver side door. It seems still work fine on the passenger door, so if my passenger side is unlocked and my driver side is locked, then I can lock the passenger entry using the keyless entry. I can also unlock the passenger side using the keyless entry if the driver side is unlocked. Finally, I can operate the power locks on the passenger side with the driver side power lock levers.

At first the problem started occurring and then it suddenly went away. Then it started occurring again and it hasn't worked for quite some time since then.

Any idea how much it should cost to fix something like this, and/or if it might be easy to fix this myself?

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Mister Civic

Does you driver side door lock and unlock using the door power lock switch or do you have to do it using the key? If you can unlock and lock manually, but it does not work with the power lock switch, the door lock motor is bad. The driver side door panel has to be removed and it is not a simple thing to get to and replace the lock motor. If you don't do much work on your car it would be best for someone to change it for you.

Reply to
maumee