2002 Civic EX - Keyless Entry Fails after Battery Replacement

I just replaced the battery on my 2002 Civic EX, and while I was able to get the radio working by entering the security code, my keyless entry no longer works. I tried the "ignition on, lock, ignition off" cycle, repeating it a number of times (more than 5 or 6) and still no success.

Can anyone steer me toward a solution, before I have to deal with the dealer? Thanks in advance.

CM

Reply to
Chris Milillo

Why do some people seem to think that the dealer is the last place or person to turn to, when they have a question about their vehicle?

It only makes sense to ask a question where the odds are better to receive the correct answer, than to trust people a world away that you'll never have any face to face interaction with in your life.

Reply to
Brian Smith

Why do "some people" answer a legitimate question with a condescending rhetorical question? If you have nothing to say, try saying nothing.

I politely asked a question about a Honda, in a Honda newsgroup. Why does that seem so odd to you? Perhaps the concept of Usenet escapes you. This crazy new thing that Al Gore invented, called the "internet", allows people "a world away", with whom I've "never had any face to face interaction" to exchange information, ideas, and even tangible items! I know...it seems far-fetched, but trust me, it works thanks to gracious souls such as yourself. Thanks for your "help".

CM

Reply to
Chris Milillo

I see that you can't answer such a simple question. Let me rephrase it for you. What did the dealership do to you (how did they mistreat you), to make you not trust any information they would give you about your purchase?

Again, why don't you trust the people that sell the product you're enquiring about to have the answer to your question?

You're more than welcome, by the way.

Reply to
Brian Smith

i really doubt u did it correctly .

  1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, marked II.
  2. Press the LOCK button.
  3. Turn the ignition switch to the ACCESSORY position, marked I. Next, turn the ignition switch to the ON position (II) for a fourth time. Press the LOCK button again. The door locks should now make a cycling sound, indicating that the system has entered Programming Mode. Press the LOCK button one more time to program this remote. If you have other remotes to program, press the LOCK button on each one in turn. The door locks should make the cycling sound after you press LOCK on each remote. You may program up to three remotes, and they must all be programmed within ten seconds of each other. Turn the ignition off and remove the key. The remotes are now programmed and may be tested.
Reply to
bullyboyzz

Having done a search on Brian Smith in this group, I can see that your contribution is nothing but snarky remarks and useless comments...and a lot of them. Why do you bother?

Reply to
mrg