Recently one of the keyless entry fob's for my 03 sienna stopped working. I
checked the battery in the fob and it is OK. The numbers at the back of the
FCC ID GQ43VT14T
CAN 1470 102 849
I found two different sets of re-programming instructions in this newsgroup:
Step 1 - open drivers side door and get in your vehicle.
Step 2 - put key completely into ignition,then pull out.
Step 3- with door open, lock and unlock 5 times on door console (ten clicks
Step 4 - close door then open door.
Step 5 - lock and unlock 5 times on door console (ten clicks total).
Step 6 - put key completely into ignition then turn to the on position then
pull key out (you will now hear the door locks lock then unlock a couple of
Step 7 - now quickly press the lock and unlock buttons at the same time only
for about a second.
Step 8 - then quickly press the lock button for just a second.
Step 9 - exit car and close the door
After you do this you should hear a beep then your lights will flash. This
will indicate that your remote is programmed to your vehicle.
Results: After step 8, nothing happens when I use the non-working fob. With
the other working fob, these instructions work perfectly.
1. Driver door open and unlocked. Key out of the ignition
2. Insert the key and remove 2 times in 5 sec.
3. Close and open driver door 2 times in 40 sec.
4. Insert the key and remove it again from ignition.
5. Close and open driver door 2 times in 40 sec.
6. Insert the key in ignition,
7. Close the door,
8. Turn to on and back to lock in 1 second intervals. 1 time for add, 2
times for rewrite, 3 for confirmation 5 for prohibition. (yes, there is no
9. Remove the key
10. Power lock will cycle to confirm
11. For add or rewrite mode within 40 sec of the confirmation,
A. press "lock" and "unlock" buttons of the FOB at the same time between 1
and 1.5 seconds.
B. within 3 sec press "Lock" button for more than 1 sec and release.
C. If it's correct, the power door lock will cycle once. If it's wrong the
door lock will cycle twice.
Results: Don't work at all with either of the fob's.
Can anyone please advice what could be wrong and/or if there is anything
else I can try?
Thanks in advance,