2004 Honda Odyssey with stuck transmission! Help!

I have a 2004 Honda Odyssey with 36,000 miles on it. The vehicle currently drives and shifts fine. The only problem is the gear selection lever will not move past D. In other words I can only put it in D. Not D3, 2, or 1. I am aware of the safety recall and the inspection of 2nd gear, that was taken care of. All other maintenance including the 30,000 mile has been done at the dealer. The vehicle is still under warranty so I will be calling the dealer tomorrow, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems? What might cause this and what the solution is? Any info would be great!!!

Also, the tranny fluid was changed at the 30,000 mile mark. And with only 6,000 miles on it now, it seems very brown and burnt suggesting excessive heat. Any thoughts on this???

Thank you.

Reply to
Paul

Odyssey transmissions are crap and fall out regularly. The brown fluid is more than likely the clutches coming apart, not necessarily from overheating. For lots of information on them see

. Get it to the dealer and complain while it is still under warranty so if they don't do anything about it you have documentation....

Reply to
Woody

"Woody" wrote in news:g48ej.33007$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr21.news.prodigy.net:

Are Odys covered under the odometer lawsuit?

Reply to
Auto Body