Re-leasing my 05 Pilot

I like the 2005 Pilot we've leased for the past 35 months, and am thinking about extending, or re-leasing it in late January.

I know it's one of the end-of-lease options, but I haven't asked Honda about it yet.

Anyone know how they calculate the new payments if I decide to keep it for another 24 months..?

(Please don't suggest that I buy it. I don't want to do that.)

Reply to
Larry in AZ

Yer an idiot.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Rather re-re-re-lease it beyond the point that the lessor has depreciated the asset to nada.

Reply to
News

Yer a nym-monkey.

Reply to
Larry in AZ

Yer still an idiot.

Just buy the thing, and when you're finished, sell it.

You plainly have no idea how to handle your finances.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Buying out the lease makes sense if the buyout equals or betters the trade value of the car. If you must lease, you may get a better deal on a new one given the deals I have seen on the Honda site.

Reply to
tww1491

I can never understand why anyone would lease a car unless it provides a suitable business deduction on taxes. Personal leasing has to be an all time act of stupidity.

But, ya gotta 'member dat most o' da masses r comprised of sheeple, creatures that are easily led to the abyss...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

If it'll answer the question of you and the nym-monkey asshole, I'm self- employed. I've leased since 1982, and it works for me.

Now... Does anyone have a reasonable answer to my question, or is everyone just going to beat their chests about how ownership makes them proud..?

Reply to
Larry in AZ

"But, I can get MORE car with the SAME money!" you hear them cry.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

"It works for me" is the answer given by someone who has no clue, has never looked into it, and who sticks his head in the sand with his fingers over his ears shouting "la-la-la-la" when any information about it starts to come his way.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Hi, If your method of keeping a set of wheel is by leasing, then return it and lease a new one to have minimum need for maintenance. My way of keeping a car is buy new with cash(best leverage making deals), keep and run the car in OEM condition doing most maintenace myself. By the time I need another car, I will have enought cash saved for another purchase.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Reply to
~&~=100%

Proof positive that he has no idea how to handle his finances or what makes sense.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

"Tony Hwang" wrote

What a novel idea!

;-)

Reply to
Howard Lester

not sure why you guys have a bone to pick with leasing... A simple amortization table will show that as long as you get a good price on the vehicle, and a good interest rate, it is simply a longer term loan which allow for a lower payment and higher cash flow.

Since I plan to keep the vehicle til the wheels run off of it, and that will probably be in 10-12 years or more, I don't see a problem here.

If ownership is a big deal to you, then don't lease!

If it was a Cobalt or a Caliber, things would be different because one only plans to keep one of these cars on the road for 4-6 years.

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

Reply to
loewent via CarKB.com

It's not always about whether or not it's cheaper, which seems to be the hangup of the nym-monkey idiot here.

It's often about other things such as how the vechicle is used, how much it's used, and the particular tax position of the individual.

Reply to
Larry in AZ

No, it's whether or not you can achieve the same goals without frivolously giving your money to someone else.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Very un-American I say!

A true patriot should have at least two sets of car payments!

JT

(Whose last car payment was in 1962...)

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire