2006 Odyssey and phone charger

For some reason, neither my cell phone adapter/charger nor my laptop charger work in my 2006 Odyssey. The only adapter that seems to work is the one for my PDA. All of these chargers worked (and still do) in other cars, but not in the Odyssey. The outlets being used are located on the front of the dashboard in the middle. This is extremely disappointing. Anyone know of a solution? Is this a known problem?

Roger

Reply to
Roger Bentson

Did you try the rear outlet? Maybe it's shaped different inside.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

You do know the power to the outlets is only there when the ignition is on don't you. So nothing will charge with ignition off....

Reply to
Woody

In case you might not be aware - those 12v are 'switched'. They are only live with ignition 'on' (access pos. or engine running).

Reply to
HammerToe

I will check that out later. The car is actually my wife's, and she is out somewhere at the moment. Although, when I have been in the car with her, she has been trying to charge while driving, and not with the engine turned off.

Roger

Reply to
Roger Bentson

This is my wife's car, and when I have been with her in the car, she cannot charge the phone or laptop while driving. And yet her PDA charges just fine.

Roger

Reply to
Roger Bentson

Haven't tried the rear outlet yet, but that really takes away from the convenience of being able to charge from the front outlets. Especially, when you can charge two items at once.

Roger

Reply to
Roger Bentson