2010 civic wiper replacement

I have a 2010 civic coupe and I just want to know where in the world I can get replacement wipers for this thing? I have only had it for 8 months, and the factory wipers aren't doing a good job.

The manual shows how to replace the wiper (just the rubber part), but in all the auto stores, you get a complete assembly. That seems like a waste of money for me to buy a $25 wiper assembly just for the little rubber strip.

Should I be replacing the entire assembly? The method that it attaches to the arm uses just a little square that you push to release it. I don't recognize this as any type of standard blade attachment method that you can find on your typical wiper blades. Is this maybe some non-US method?

Also, The length of the blades... The manual doesn't say, but it looks like the driver side is 28". I haven't measured the passenger side yet. 28" seems like a very long length, and I only found one or two out of the half a dozen brands in the stores. Is this length just really popular in my area, or is it more likely that the manufacturers don't expect anyone to have such a large windshield?

Any advice would be helpful. Thank you.

Thanks.

Remove the BALONEY from my email address.

----------------------------------------------------- Matthew Fries Minneapolis, MN USA snipped-for-privacy@baloneyvisi.com

"Quit eating all my *STUFF*!" - The Tick

Reply to
Matthew Fries

Frankly, that shocks me. Honda OEM rubber inserts have historically been the best thing on the market.

So buy the Honda inserts and see if maybe you didn't just get a bad set by accident on the new car. They're only a few bucks.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Matthew Fries wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

They did when they were new. The rubber part is worn out. You need to replace the worn-out part, which is called a "refill". Your local Honda dealer has them for about $5-$10 each.

If, you decide, in a moment if insanity, to gamble with aftermarket wiper blades, do not discard your OEM blades!!! They are very expensive, and you will eventually want to put them back on once you discover how crappy most aftermarket wipers are.

Reply to
Tegger

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote in news:elmop- snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Better than anything else I've ever tried.

OP should also clean the windshield glass (and the refills) with lots of Windex and scrubbing, just in case there's a film that's interfering with proper rubber contact.

Reply to
Tegger