32 mpg in a Toyota Tacoma

Yes, the best way to increase fuel economy is to slow down. Most devices for sale that claim to increase fuel economy (such as the idiot "HHO" devices) do not work.

Reply to
Desertphile

Xu found these unused words:

"Half of my driving is done on country backroads or in towns and about one-third on highways. The results is about 23.5 mpg."

Which is only a mile and a half above what I get in my 2002, 6 cy, auto DC by not rabbiting, screeching to a stop and using the hills properly [slowing slightly on the up and gaining speed back on the down].

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien