91 Accord tail light removal help please

I'm trying to change the gasket on the part of the taillight that goes up with the trunk. The driver's side one leaks water into the trunk after a rain. I open the trunk and water pours in from the light assembly.

I got a replacement gasket, supposedly for that assembly, but I can't get the part off. There seem to be four bolts inside the trunk that hold it on, but removing those only loosens it, it seems like there is a fifth bolt. I think I feel it, but it's blocked by the trunk metal and I can't figure out how to get it off. I don't even think an offset nut driver would get at that part.

Anyone know how to do this?

Reply to
dgk

------------------------------------

Answer might be available on the diagrams at

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Thanks, it doesn't show me the location of the last nut, but it does show me that I have the wrong gasket. They sold me the one for the part of the light that's not on the trunk lid. So I'll ask the maintenance folks when I go to change the part.

Reply to
dgk

dgk wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

They should be able to print out the diagram for you;my local Acura dealer did for me once,for the radio power antenna.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Hopefully this diagram from the service manual will be helpful.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Thanks, that does help. There is no fifth nut; it appears that I need to remove a light connector. Now I just need the correct gasket.

Reply to
dgk