2002 Honda Accord 4cyl USDM auto

Hi folks, was hoping someone can help me with a minor annoyance I've been experiencing. Currently I have about 120k miles on my car. The problem Im having is with my transmission. Around 80k ( after warranty ended ) MY CEL light came on and code was P0700, P0740.

This is related to the TCC. The symptoms are:

Shifting from 1st - 2nd It seems as if its slipping when its trying to engaged into 2nd. Once it grabs its like a hard shift. This only happens from 1st to 2nd. All other gears are fine. I've perfomed a stall test and all came out fine. I've even taken it to honda 4 times and they could not find a problem. I've replaced the lockup control solenoid and noticed the screen wasnt that dirty. ( I replaced this almost a yr ago ) The shifting problem doesnt occur all the time. I know if i put the peddle to the medal from take off the car accelerates like usual but when its about to shift its kinda like thinking or looking for the 2nd gear. It doesnt shift as quick as when i first bought it. I've been doing some research and am thinking that it could be the Linear Solenoid that might be screwed up. I believe thats the pressure solenoid for the lock up control. Im just confused here because all I keep reading about is code P0740 is the death code etc....Meanwhile I've been driving like this for over 20k miles. Everything else with the transmission feels fine except for that. Im pretty knowledgeable when it comes to automotive mechanics which is why im not leaning towards my tranny needing to be replaced. Im just wondering if anyone has experienced something like this in their 98-02 accord.

btw...02 accords are excluded from the tranny recall because its been corrected for that yr car.

Reply to
flyromeo3

You didn't mention how many times you've done a drain-n-fill with Honda Z1 . . . You should do it three times, with a few minutes drive in between. Your ATF may be just SHOT, or full of moisture. It doesn't last forever. How does it look if you wipe it on a sheet of white paper? Smell burnt?

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Hi curly,

I've been changing my tranny fluid every 25-30k miles. Since I do drive this car long distances I didnt want to wait until the

90k maintenance schedule which a honda tech told me isnt a problem. I have never flushed the transmission. All I've performed is a drain and re-fill. When I drain the fluid it doesnt have a burnt smell nor does the magnetic bolt contain any metal fragments.

I recently changed my ATF fluid about 3 months ago. Prior to my drive from NYC to Indianapolis Indiana. Upon my return and even as recent as this saturday I looked at the fluid levels which is fine and also the fluid still has that redish color to it.

Reply to
flyromeo3

The weird part is now for the past couple of days its been shifting fine. Im not feeling the jerkyness as before. This will last for like a week or so and then reappear again. Which leads me to believe maybe my hydraulic pressure isnt within spec?

Reply to
flyromeo3