98 civic - speed limiter??? DOH!

Driving home today, waaayyy too fast. Engine cut out at just over 190km/h, or just over 5100rpms.

I'm pretty sure i've driven this fast before, so it was a bit of a shock to hit the limiter... wasn't even sure there was one to be honest.

anyways, fyi for those who didn't know.... :)

By the way, it appears that my civic is now running much better (for thos that follow the group). 2 tanks of premium gas (shell v-power) and a bottle of injector cleaner later after I replaced all but plug wires with OEM parts (plug wires are bosch, not too old, still pass the resistance test)

Terry in Winnipeg....

Reply to
loewent via CarKB.com

Pretty much guarantee any car will be speed limited to the max rated speed of the OEM tire it came with, these days of liability. 190km/h works out to speed rating T.