2005 500E Speed Limiter

Presently set at 130 mph. Is this limit due to the tires? If I change tires can I remove the limiter?/ Does it take the dealer? Thanks for any help?

--

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
Martin Luther King Jr.

tires
i saw time ago on ebay germany some advices for new chips without limiter good luck, happy fly...