ABS pump keeps turning on while driving

1996 Honda Accord EX (vtec engine)

I have notice a noise as an air pump expelling air out and it is my ABS system that is making the noise. I do not know what to make of it but sure do not want my brakes to fail due to ABS pump failing.

Anybody experience the same?

JM.

Reply to
Jose Matus

--------------------------------------

Your owner's manual assures you that your brakes will still work even if your ABS light is ON, but you won't have ABS. ABS troubles are common on the Odyssey and Accord of your age.

or search using google for lots of DIY fixes. You'll need to get the ABS bled and exercised, and possibly bled again. Cheaper than replacing parts. $$$

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

I had try turning off the ABS by engaging the hand brake for 30 second and the ABS light comes on. I check the system today and found it had leak and could see fluid in the plastic reserviour which before i could not tell if there was any. it seams to have got stuck and fluid came backup. What your opinion?

JM

Reply to
Jose Matus

----------------------------------

You need to get the ABS bled, then exercised (easiest in winter) then bled again. You can DIY if you're handy. You can find lots of help from google.com.

www.odyclub is a fair resource, since it's the same system... Sign in and SEARCH until you find the answers. There's probably a similar club for Accord owners.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Reply to
Howard

Exactly what you said. I just bled the ABS and still doing the same. I could see the DOT3 liquid being suck by the pump and come back again as it does not keep the pressure. No need to sweat it, ABS will be disconnected if I could find the ABS relay on this car.

JM

Reply to
Jose Matus

Your ABS fuses are labled in the owner's manual and also inside the fusebox cover. Did you try just removing the big fuse?

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Removed the relay from the ABS fuse box in the engine compartment and it is off.

Thanks, JM.

Reply to
Jose Matus

"Jose Matus" wrote in news:YKKdndzrFf13ENrYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Anybody checked to see if the accumulator is leaking?

Reply to
TeGGeR®