Battery drain 2005 Honda CRV SE fuse #9

I bought a brand new 2005 Honda CRV SE last year and am having a few problems. After a few months, the dome light in the back turns on and shows up on the dash like the door is open when it's not open or even unlocked. I couldn't get the dome light to shut off no matter how hard I shut the door. It would go on and off on it's own so I turned the dome to the off position but the dash icon does not stay off. After taking it to the dealer 3 times and being told it's all in my head and they tell me they've adjusted the sensitivity to it, it goes on again as soon as I am 10 miles from the dealership. Not a big deal but it was a nuisance. Six months later I have a remote starter installed and was very happy. Several months later my battery is dead if I don't drive the car every 24 hours...something is draining the battery. I buy a new battery. A few days later the new battery is dead. I take it to my neighborhood mechanic, he didn't believe the back door light story and blames it on my remote starter, they he realizes the back door light is truly a problem. He disables the auto starter and adjusts the back door sensitivity but can't fix the battery drain problem and tells me to take it to the dealer. The dealer doesn't want to honor the warranty because of the remote starter and thinks maybe it caused the car to "go bad". I have had nothing but the runaround. The fuse #9 shows up as causing the electrical drain on the battery. The fuse is what the interior lights are connected to. What am I supposed to do now? I need the car to run and I need the fuse to be operational. AAA roadside assistance is now maxed out for the year because of how many jump starts I've needed. The dealers treat me like I'm a second class citizen and tell me I should have my "husband" talk to them. Well, I don't have one of those and I didn't need a husband when I bought the car and paid cash! My money was good enough then but aparently not enough to get these jerks to fix my car. Does anyone have any realistic options outside of me getting a mail order husband to "rescue" me?

Reply to
sc1965

=======================================

Honda's contact info is in your Owner's Manual. Dealer is a boob, you need to go higher up the chain.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Not sure of your area, but around here (Baltimore, MD) there are many, many Honda dealers. Look up dealers in your area with ratings and find a better one. This one has to go.

Reply to
Robert

Same experience here with 05 CRV. Adjusted the latch striker and made sure rubber tip cover is way in the nipple. Otherwise, go to your dealer and demand replacement of latch striker as warranty. Hope your car does not pull to the right during driving. Good luck.

Reply to
Jeffrey