"Bolt through condensor" on 2000 Accord?

I'm looking at a 2000 Accord that has no cooling in the A/C. The owner says their mechanic told them something about a "bolt went through the condensor," causing the refrigerant to leak out, something that would cost about $300 to fix. I've never had a good look in the condensor, so I don't know what goes on in there, and I don't know what this means. Does anyone else?

Reply to
Pete from Boston

The condenser in up front in front of the radiator so is a catchall for all flying debree. It is very common for a hole to be punched in the condenser in today's cars as the material it is being made of is getting thinner all the time.....

Reply to
Woody

Just as Woody says, an increasingly common road hazard thing in many cars. More commonly rocks kicked up ahead of you on the highway will be the culprit, but this time it was a bolt. It could have broken your windshield but it hit lower this time.

The price sounds right. Painful, but right. If that includes the recharge (it certainly should) it is really a good price.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Might be covered by comprehensive insurance.

Reply to
Art

Good point!

Reply to