Brake 1994 ACCORD

Hello I just purchased pads and rotors for the front brakes on my 1994 Honda ACCORD. The person at parts shop told me that replacing brakes on this car isn't easy and many people bring the assembly in back to them to press on. Has anyone ever heard this before? Also I was told by a brake shop that 1/2 the time when they use metallic pads on ACCORDS , they are noisy and they rather us ceramic pads. Has anyone had these experiences? Please E-mail.

Thanks Stephen

Reply to
Stephen

If it is anything like our '93 (and I think it is) replacing the rotors is a real big hairy deal. The main part is to remove the drive axles - no fooling! If the rotors aren't in a bad way now, take the new rotors back and stick with just the pads. I don't know what was meant about the "press on" part, but I spent half a day doing my daughter's... and that was with air tools. (I'm not a fast worker on cars.) There are other challenges, but let's just say it is memorable. I will never again put off checking her brakes.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee