Broken Speedometer

Hi,

I've got a 2004 Civic LX Sedan Manual. Yesterday, the speedometer stopped working. It's just pinned at zero, regardless of how fast I am going. All of the other gauges work.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Steve

Reply to
birndorf

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@8g2000cwh.googlegroups.com:

Is your Check Engine light on?

Reply to
Tegger

When my Accord's speedometer broke I spent a few hundred dollars on a nice GPS which gave me more accurate speed level than the speedomoter. It was cheaper than fixing the speedometer. It also kept me from being lost:-) Just an option...

Reply to
Allnews

did it plug into the ecu and replicate the speed sensor signals? because if it didn't, while it may be an interesting toy, it's not going to do a thing for the ability of the vehicle to run properly.

Reply to
jim beam

No, the check engine light is not on.

Reply to
birndorf

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

If the automatic transmission is shifting properly, the Check Engine light is NOT on, then the speedo in your '04 Accord is probably toast.

Are you still under warranty?

Reply to
Tegger

Hmmm. It looks like it just started working again! Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Reply to
birndorf

Reply to
rick++

My 2004 civic speedometer "broke" twice the first year. It got stuck at high off number, once 32 and another time 64, so when I was going 50 it said 92. It eventually reset itself.

Reply to
rick++