car wont start

hello all can anyone help me i have just brourht a honda accord g reg and it dont run when i turn the key i can not hear the fuel pump working can anyone tell me why and what it could be is there a fuel cut off switch any where or a moberlizer thank you

1989 Honda Accord
Reply to
jellybeansdaddy

jellybeansdaddy wrote in news:993465_ snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com:

Do you have fuel injection or a carb?

Reply to
Tegger

hi it is injection

"Tegger" wrote: > jellybeansdaddy wrote in news:993465_ > snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com: > > > hello all can anyone help me i have just brourht a honda > accord g reg > > and it dont run when i turn the key i can not hear the fuel > pump > > working can anyone tell me why and what it could be is there > a fuel > > cut off switch any where or a moberlizer thank you > > > > 1989 Honda Accord > > > > > > Do you have fuel injection or a carb? > > -- > Tegger > > The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ >

jellybeansdaddy

jellybeansdaddy wrote in news:993809 snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com:

When you first turn the key to "II", do you hear any clicks from under the dash?

Do you have a yellow "check Engine" light on the dash?

It's most likely your Main Relay.

Tegger

Hello:

I had a similar problem with my Del Sol a couple of months ago. It was the distributor. When I turned the key, it made no sound at all. It didn't even try to turn over. No beeps or clicks or anything...Runs great now.

Don't know if this helps, but I thought I'd share...

Reply to
Stacek the Wise

Actually, to be honest, the car has a rather strange issue. Sometimes if we go over rough RR tracks or potholes, the problem recurs. But if it gets a jump it's fine for weeks. Last week our neighbor plowed into the front passenger corner, knocking out the lamp. The next morning it went dead again. Jumped it and "presto!" it's fine again.

I figure it is a ground wire issue, but I have been unable to locate it...

Good point. Thanks for making me re-consider the problem.

Reply to
Stacek the Wise

Stacek the Wise wrote: > I had a similar problem with my Del Sol a couple of months ago. It was the

Ummmm, the symptoms you're describing don't match a distributor problem at all. You're not telling us the whole story. Your problem will return if you only replaced the distributor.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_