D16Z performance options?

I've been wanting to boost my 91 civic for some time and I've been very frustrated. Please help me out.

Can someone please point out the best route for upgrading my D16Z block to accept a moderate to large shot of NOS with a mid-sized budget, say $8k. I am not interested in turbocharging right now, strictly NOS. Please focus this attention to the block (pistons, rods, sleeves, crank, cam, etc) and ECU. I am wanting 250+ hp overall with *NO PROGRAMMABLE ECU* (no hondata, no neptune). I am however interested in replacement or modified ECU's that retain the stock config with a defeated (or increased) governer and revlimiter. Mainly I want quick RPM's and a major increase in midrange and high-end torque. I also would like some reliability. Any ideas?

Thanks for your input :)

Reply to
Janus

jim beam

jim beam wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

Reply to
Janus

Janus wrote in news:Xns975FF0B2CB9F5janusk2yahoonospam@38.119.97.91:

Reply to
Janus

anybody suggest starting with an engine swap first say to

B18C (-R) B16A B16B

at least then you will cover lots of factory HP ground to your 250+ hp mark

that is you are starting with D16Z (120 hp) where B18C-R ( 195hp) so thats

75 hp for about $1500 maybe not as impressive as 250+ out of a D16Z but ? easier ?

m2c rob

Reply to
Rob B

Whatever you do, your '91 engine has to come out, and you have $8K. Don't bother with the D16: get a Prelude or Integra B18 VTEC (with the manual transmission) and rebuild the lot. Once its all ready, along with the brake and suspension upgrades (you ARE going to get better brakes, right?), exhaust etc , take all the old bits out and do it all once.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Reply to