Inexpensive boost in performance?

Hello everyone, I'm new to the group. I just wanted to know if anyone knows of any relatively inexpensive ways to get a slight performance boost in a Grand Am. I'm currently driving a 2002 Grand Am SE 3.4L V6

4spd/auto 2dr. As far as I know the stock HP for this model is 175. I haven't done anything to it other than change the oil and give it gas. Any suggestions are much appreciated, Thanks.
Reply to
Ross

Pump your tires up to the maximun allowable air pressure.

Not many performance issues discussed here, try Google. There are a few GrandAm sites. GrandAmGT.com comes to mind for this kind of info.

Reply to
Weird

Nitrous.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Custom cold air intake. $50 for a K&N cone filter, and then get some aluminum piping somewhere, make a line to the fender well.

Weight reduction.

Thats pretty much it for inexpensive.

Slightly expensive:

New wheels: lighter weight wheels, less rotational mass

Underdrive pulley, one exists for the 3.4L motor, forgot who makes it.

Nitrous

RSM Supercharger. $3500 RSM Supercharger Kit

80+ HP gain. Includes Vortech Supercharger, all brackets and oil lines, belt and pulleys, ECU programming, adjustable blow-off valve, FMU, Induction Piping, and K&N cone filter. Gain is 80 HP and 75 ft/lbs of torque with 8 PSI boost. Stage 2 Option includes bigger injectors, and up to 12 PSI boost email for pricingP/N: S1SC3400A-9903N All in all if you really want to not waste your time and money, and want to get something that is proven, get the supercharger.
Reply to
Paradox