disabling horn beep when arming alarm?

I have an 06 accord EX-L with navi and I'm trying to find out if there is a way to disable the horn from beeping when I arm the alarm. I've read teh owners manaul and ti says nthing about hwo to do this. on my maxima it has instruction on the rear of the remote (had to hold lock and unlock for like

5 seconds and ti would disable the beep) anyidea how to do this on an 06 accord (of it's it's pssible) i just hate comming home at 3am and not wanting to arm my alarm because of the loud beep.

-Nick

Reply to
Dr Nick

Maybe the '06 is different from previous years, but all the Honda factory systems I've experienced only beep if you press the lock button 2x. The system is still active if you only press the button once, 2nd time is just for confirmation.

Reply to
Seth

hmm... thats a good point, I've honestly never checked to see if the system is active after just one press... I'll check and let ya know

-N

Reply to
Dr Nick

Don't want to wake up the wife when you come in at 3 AM? I'll bet your not alone if that's the reason. If your coming home from work at 3 AM don't worry about it because nobody is going to worry about you trying sleep in the middle of the day.

Al

Reply to
ajtessier

I have an '03, and what Seth says is correct for that year, and probaly for yours as well. If you are close enough to the car when you hit the button the first time, you can hear the door locks going down, which should be enough confirmation that the theft control system is activated. If you are not near the car or there is too much noise, you'll have to do that second hit and put up with the horn.

Bob

Reply to
rjdriver

Also, mine has a light near the drivers side door lock to indicate it is armed.

Reply to
Seth