Alarm goe off internittantly

Have a 2000 Honda Accord EX. The security alarm goes off for no apparent reason with the car sitting in the driveway. Turn it off with the remote and within 15 min it will go off again. The alarm is not supposed to be armed if either the hood is unlatched or the trunk is open. This is true of the trunk but I found that the system will arm itself even if the hood was open. I understand that the hood latch contains a switch that tells the alarm system the position of the hood. From what I can gather looking around for info is that the switch will be open when the hood is open. Based on that I would reason that the switch has failed in the open position. I can see a connector down behind the horn which I think is coming from the latch but can't be sure since it such a tight space and everything is buried and crunched together. Can see a wire going into the latch but can't tell exactly what it is attached to. I'd like some opinions as to whether or not I'm on the right track and if there is anything else to check out. I'd be happy to just disable the system. Any easy way??? Can't find a dedicated fuse. MLD

Reply to
MLD

So who made the alarm system and who installed it? Is it a factory alarm system or a third-party system?

It's possible but it may also be the controller that is reading the switch.

Who made the system? Is there any name on the controller?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

That car had a factory unit connected to the key less entry system. Looking at the wiring it shows a master disarm switch in the wiring. Don't have any idea where it's hid though.

Reply to
Steve W.

Original equipment---alarm came with the car MLD

Reply to
MLD