dragging sound?

last night when I went to back up I noticed a sort of dragging sound in my

06 accord.. I got out and checked the wheel wells to see if something was caught in it, I didn't notice anything, but I pulled forward it didn't make that sound. so I stopped and backed up again, and sure enough, it still made the sound. now this is an I4 5M sedan and the sound I'm saying is not the usualy sound a manual tranny makes when you back up (that sort of low pitched wurr) but more of a dragging 9is the best way I can describe it) any clue as to what this might be?

-N

Reply to
Dr Nick

Did you look under the car?

Reply to
Steve Mackie

---------------------------------------

Maybe you just found out where your neighbor's cat went.

Tell us the mileage and we'll have better answers, or wait until Wednesday.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

"Dr Nick" wrote in news:Uvjeg.50935$9c6.18492@dukeread11:

How long sisnce the car was driven last? Sounds like a bit of rust on the rears.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"Dr Nick" wrote in news:Uvjeg.50935$9c6.18492@dukeread11:

Sorry, incomplete last post. I meant a "bit of rust on the rear BRAKES".

Reply to
TeGGeR®

sorry, should of given mroe information. the car has about 5500 miles on it and is driven daily (it was driven that day and sat in the driveway for a few hours (wasn't raining out or anything) so I'm not sure it's rust. I did look under the car and didn't see anythign either. after listening more indepthly, it really sounds like it's comming from the front drivers side tire, I've checked it a few times (both the tire and the wheel well) t see if the tire was low or somethign was in there, but nothing that I can find.

-Nick

Reply to
Dr Nick

I had this happen on my 98 civic once. It ended up being a pebble caught between the back of the brake rotor and the flimsy metal back plate. Used a long screwdriver to pop the pebble out, and no more noise.

Dr Nick wrote:

Reply to
loewent via CarKB.com