F22B Timing Belt

My next door neighbor has a 95 Prelude. He has put what is called a JDM motor or a Japanese domestic motor that originated from Japan. It is a 2.2 liter, DOHC, non-Vtec 4 cylinder. The engine family is F22B. He broke a timing belt and the proper one is not available for U.S. models. I've also checked our local Acura dealer and they don't show an application for that number. The part number is 14400-PT2-004. It has 126 teeth on the belt. Some U.S. model Hondas have a belt with 127 or 125 teeth but not 126. Anybody have any idea where this belt can be gotten? Thanks. Howard

Reply to
howard

Japan

Reply to
Jeff

Duh! Really?

Reply to
howard

there's a japanese guy that posts here periodically. look back through the archives and call him.

Reply to
jim beam

oh, and check the motor before bothering. if the belt broke, you may have damage making it uneconomic to repair. look for excessive valve lash - you can do that without removing the head.

Reply to
jim beam

"howard" wrote in news:480e92d2$0$7035$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

Howard and I have been corresponding via email about this, but since the question has also been posted publicly, I'll also post what I've found so far...

I can get both that timing belt and the corresponding balancer belt (13405- PT0-004) up here in Canada. The TB is about $93 and the BB is about $59.

The belts do not come up in the Honda database as being for any specific application, but that doesn't really mean anything.

We do not yet know for sure if this is a 126-tooth belt. Howard will ask his neighbor to confirm the belt is actually still needed, then I will have one delivered so we can count the teeth.

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger wrote in news:Xns9A89A2C73F236tegger@207.14.116.130:

For anybody still following this...

Howard ended up finding a local source of supply for this belt, so he doesn't need mine.

However...

I have received an email from somebody else who tells me the timing belt from a 1988 Dodge Caravan 2.5L will fit the Honda F22B. Apparently this Dodge belt is just the right size: 126 tooth, round, 24mm (15/16). Dayco, Gates and Duralast all make one under $20.

I have no way of confirming the above, so follow at your own risk.

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger wrote in news:Xns9AA4BD0A37375tegger@207.14.116.130:

And one more thing... The Gates part number is supposed to be T132.

Reply to
Tegger