Front end wrecked on 92 Prelude

I have put in 1 post and maybe i'm going in the wrong direction. My son says its a radius arm that he needs to replace in the front end of his car, is that what it is called or is it something else. What would it be connected to and where would it be located. I know it has something to do with the steering. Kids and their cars now days why aren't they simple. LOL,LOL,LOL. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thank you

Reply to
screwywabbit4486

" snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

A "radius arm" is the link that extends forward from the lower control arm to the front crossmember. It locates the lower control arm fore and aft. If it's bent, the lower arm will be pulled too far forwards and your alignment will be off.

If it's bent, chances are pretty good something else got dagged too, so I'd have an alignment shop look at it if I were you.

A radius arm, or radius rod, is hardly new. They've been around for decades.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Thank you so very much that was VERY helpful, now can you tell me where I might find an exploded diagram of the front suspension.

Reply to
screwywabbit4486

" snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Here:

Note that this particular document calls the thing a "strut rod".

Reply to
TeGGeR®

In addition to Tegger's citation, you might also want to look at:

-- the free online parts drawings of suspension components at

(parts department)

--

's free online manual for the 92 Prelude, suspension section.

wrote

Reply to
Elle