GM, Honda to work together on hydrogen fuel cells for 2020-ish

Along I5 there are many vacant fields, some with sheep on them, as never seen even ten years ago.

There is also crop selection for lower-value crops that can at least do without water, as I understand it in many cases water is not available in the amounts needed at any price - at least at any price that any food crops can be grown.

J.

Reply to
JRStern

i haven't seen many at all. in fact, the ones that are are the ones with big political drought signs on them so i wonder if they're more for show than reality. as i say, the 99, the 5's older sister, is lush, green, and still in full production mode from what i can tell.

yes, and sheep need water.

i remember when there were hardly any fields on "the 5" - it used to be desert and tumble weeds both sides.

well that's much more likely. i'm all for agriculture, but when i see fields literally submerged with run-off forming rivers, i think it's grossly irresponsible and should be strongly discouraged. less thirsty crops make much more sense - water is a finite resource. if it hadn't been for the great damming and irrigation schemes of the 30's and 40's, the valley wouldn't exist as it does now. and we sure as heck wouldn't be able to get the political consensus to start on such visionary schemes today.

Reply to
jim beam